Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Holiday Happenings

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years folks. I didn't send any Christmas cards this year, but really kind of see it as pointless and a lot of work.

I started my holiday out on Thursday out on the town with Eddie and his roomate. It began as dinner and ended up as bar hopping until after midnight. This was not a good plan since I had an appointment for my truck in the morning before driving back to MI. We decided that we should start our own rating book for the local establishments rating them "classy" to "trashy" and publish it. Both ends of the spectrum were visited that night. The "classy" location was the Penn Ave Pub where I catch lunch occasionally and of Memorial Day weekend fame for a truly enormous amount of various bombs consumed by Eddie, Scott and Bill. The "trashy" place was easily the worst I have been to here in Sheboygan. It was the "Wild Side" a coyote ugly bar on the south side of town. No, there were no coyote staff on that night, but there were plenty of white trash there who were amusing at best. We stayed for one drink and left. I felt dirty for a while after leaving. We ended at our home, the Sky Box.

The trip to and from MI was uneventful and tied the record at 8 hours each way door to door. It probably will be my last trip back until next fall looking at my calendar. We'll see.

Christmas was fun as usual. As I mentioned previously, I am now the proud owner of a handgun complete with all the shooting accessories and a brick of ammo. Now I just need time to shoot it. I got some other stuff, but that was the high point. Also good was Chicago defeating Green Bay and making the spread and that the Lions won, barely, with Joey at the helm.

The most entertainment while I was back was the flying laptop. My sister had her laptop plugged into the wall with the cord stretched to the table where the laptop was sitting with her brand new iPod plugged into it. Enter Bungholio (nickname of my brother's puppy). At the sight of a squirrel in the yard he started running circuits around the downstairs. This was fine until he changed course and caught the power cord just right and the laptop and iPod went flying a good 5 feet through the air to land on the dog bed. Amazingly neither device was damaged. The iPod cable was another story as the USB plug pulled apart into a bunch of pieces. I would never have guessed that the plug had that many parts. It was really kind of neat to watch the laptop fly.

I have to work this week, blech. Not that there is much I can do with most people not working and on vacation, but I have to press my associate to finish his units and get them in so that the boss(es) are more happy.

Anyways, hope your holidays were good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home