Sunday, June 05, 2005

I Fought the Sun and the Sun Won

You would think that it would be difficult to get a sunburn living on the "tundra", but it certainly isn't. If it were a nice even burn, I could begin to appreciate it, but it isn't. It just stings. At this point, I'm sure you're thinking sunblock would help. I actually have been remembering to wear it thus far this year and still manage to get burned. Staying out of the sun would solve the problem, but I am drawn to sunny days like a cat to catnip. I will state for the record that I was not the only one to get burned, Brian (my new associate) did as well.

The cause of the burn was the Manitowoc Airshow. It wasn't bad, especially for a community of 35,000 people. The portion of the flying demo that was on while we were there was predominantly civil aircraft with a USAF turboprop thrown in for spice. The biplane aerobatics are neat the first time, but certainly lose their excitement after a while. The military display overall was pretty limited, but their were two A-10's from Davis-Monthan AFB where I was born. This was also the aircraft my mom worked on while she was in the service. They were supposed to do a tactical demo, but the weather turned to rain (which we avoided) before that could happen. It was worth the trip up there.

I am really looking forward to the EAA Airshow in Oshkosh later this summer. I will need either stronger sunscreen or long sleeves and pants for that show...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seem to remember somebody hiking through the Sleeping Bear Dunes and returning with a similar sunburn problem.


Seems to be a running theme.

06:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

^
|
|

That was Barry, btw.

06:39  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home