Thursday, June 02, 2005

Getting off on the left foot

So training my new associate today got off to a great start by showing up for a meeting an hour after it started in time to see everyone leaving. I blame Outlook. I trusted it and it lied. I thought that the meeting usually began at 9am but Outlook told me 10am and I was betrayed. On the upside it was only a monthly United Way meeting that reminds me how much I do not want to be a social worker, they are (in my experience) not the most optimistic folks around. The rest of the training for the day was fine. I have high hopes for this guy. He asks the right questions and has the right (from my perceptive) concerns. There is just so much to teach. Alas.

It was a lovely day once again, but I did get a lot done. Whether it was enought for the other days this week, well...it all comes out in the wash I suppose.

I did discover a suprise staff meeting next week. The best part is that it is a two-hour drive to the meeting location. The only way it appeals to me at all is in the sense of adventure to see another small town in Wisconsin that I will likely have no reason to ever visit again. The meeting will be the acid test of the management style as the first national numbers benchmark is June 30 and the council could make it this year for the first time in a long time so there is a very intense desire to achieve it. Frankly I would be happy to make year-end with my sanity intact and not worry about June 30. Oh well, "It is not my duty to ask why, merely to do and die..."

What is wrong with the Pistons this series? They have played hot and cold with little in between. Tonight the Heat seemed to have their number on defense and the Pistons missed a lot of shots they should have made. Not to mention the awful calls the referees have made all throughout this series. Talk about killing a team's rhythm. Hopefully the Pistons can at least make it a 7-game series. Saturday will tell the tale.

That's all for now. I need sleep.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like cheese. Maybe the Pistons need to eat some cheese.

15:07  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home