Monday, March 20, 2006

Stupid Printer

One downside to working at home is a lack of redundancy in office equipment.

You can imagine my temper tantrum when my printer died today. I was attempting to print a couple of letters that I needed to get in the mail when it decided that printing in blue or black ink was not something it wanted to do. Not cool. I tried all of the usual print head cleaning and failed and gave up until I could go buy ink. Eighty dollars in ink later I tried again. Still no joy. I actually called tech support and got an Indian (dot, not feather). Suprisingly she was helpful. I have owned the printer one year and one week, the warranty is one year. However, there is a grace period so a new printer is on the way with new ink.

The problem is that it won't be here until next week which just doesn't cut it when working from home. Thankfully I am a bit of a pack rat and had my old printer stored in my closet. Twenty-five dollars in ink later, I can print again.

Technology is great until it dies.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason M. Scott said...

You could take it out to a remote field and beat it with a baseball bat. I saw it in a movie once, you can also give it a "flying elbow".

18:31  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home