Friday, December 30, 2005

Farewell Herbie, Hello (name to be determined)

I took the plunge this week and traded my truck in. I am now the proud owner of a 2006 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan in Electric Blue. Herbie and I had a lot of good times together, but he was worth more in trade-in than I owed and just isn't quite the best choice for the large amount of driving I do now (25,000 miles since moving to WI). Herbie will be missed and I hope he gets a good new owner. Given that I have a GM Card limited me to GM and I got the supplier discount plus the Red Tag sale so I got the car for a good price. The difference in payments will be more than offset by the fuel cost savings.

As of yet she is unnamed. Yes, it will be a female name since it is a sports sedan. It is now the third car I have purchased and has more features than the previous two, but not quite as many as my New Yorker had. The original idea was to get a coupe, but that had awful visibility and wouldn't be practical for my day-to-day use since I used the back seat of the truck a lot and figure I will do the same with the car. My favorite new items are the keyless entry and starter and having my sunroof again. It also has a good Monsoon stereo system and plenty of power with a 201hp V6.

The funny part is that my mom also got a new 2006 G6 GT sedan today as well in Stealth Gray Metallic.

Too bad it is supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow so I won't get to play much until next week, but I have to go to Appleton at least 5 times in January so I will have plenty of highway time for break-in and acclimatization.

Anyways, she's pictured below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home